Friday, September 3, 2010

Shakedown Street: The EC$TACY EDIT

What do you guys think of this remix of the Grateful Dead's "Shakedown Street"?  Apparently it was spun by a guy named DJ Joe E. Crak.


I think I like it, but I can't be so sure.  After listening to it, my brain kind of hurts.  Is that normal?


The remix doesn't even sound like Shakedown Street until about a minute into it, but then it gets into a really funky groove involving the main riff.  The beginning of the lyrics is suspended by instant replays which climaxes into the real line - Nothing's shakin' on Shakedown Street.


But if you ask me, something cool is definitely going down.


Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I love it. The remix brings a new vibrancy to a beloved original. It's not better than the original, just different. Will also extend its appeal to the electronica crowd.

    ReplyDelete